Learning and development
We offer training, mentoring, and individual support
- Patients, carers and members of the public who become involved in biomedical and health-related research
- All members of research teams including postgraduate students, clinical scientists, research nurses, and senior researchers who want to engage and involve diverse people in their work.
Our learning and development work to date has included:
- Workshops for scientists to devise fun activities to engage with secondary school pupils and family audiences.
- Partnering with Vitae to provide an introduction to the field of public engagement with research, encouraging creativity and case studies of successful engagement approaches
- Training early career researchers to run laboratory workshops for schools
- Communication workshops for geneticists
- Regular drop-in sessions for researchers: whatever your experience – just starting out or with considerable experience already – we can help you to work through your engagement and involvement ideas
If you would like to know more about our training offering and rates, or want to arrange a time to meet with someone from the Public Programmes team, please contact email@example.com for more details.