Learning and development
We offer training, mentoring, and individual support
Our portfolio of training workshops and individualised support around engagement and involvement is based on over 15 years of experience.
All members of research teams including postgraduate students, clinical scientists, research nurses, and senior researchers who want to engage and involve diverse people in their work.
We provide learning and development for:
- Patients, carers and members of the public who become involved in biomedical and health-related research
- Science teachers to provide updates on contemporary science
Some of our work includes:
- Workshops for scientists to devise fun activities to engage with secondary school pupils and family audiences.
- Partnering with Vitae to provide an introduction to the field of public engagement with research, encouraging creativity and case studies of successful engagement approaches
- Training early career researchers to run laboratory workshops for schools
- Communication workshops for geneticists
- Regular drop-in sessions for researchers: whatever your experience – just starting out or with considerable experience already – we can help you to work through your engagement and involvement ideas
If you would like to know more about our training offering and rates,
or want to arrange a time to meet with someone from the Public Programmes team,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Public Programmes Team ran free support sessions on Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement for researchers working in women or children’s health. The sessions were run on behalf of the Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre (MAHSC).