Research and Innovation Managers
We have a number of Research and Innovation (R&I) Managers who coordinate and support research activity and represent and report to both R&I and your Clinical Division.
Research and Innovation Managers provide advice and support in:
- Planning your research – the approval process (Ethics, Regulatory, R&D, peer review), costing, collaboration, funding schemes, research resources/networks available to you.
- Seeking Trust authorisation for you and submission of grant applications.
- Research finance e.g. the way the Department for Health and Social Care pays for research in the NHS.
- How research performance is assessed and how you can improve your own research performance.
- Recruitment and management of research staff.
They are responsible for:
- Risk assessing research
- Managing operational issues relating to research
- Ongoing advice on study progress and reporting e.g. REC reports, amendments, outcome reports, recruitment figures.
- Financial management as required
- Research Performance reporting
- Managing research staff as required