The Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) Oxford Road site is located within Manchester’s Innovation District.
This unique ecosystem comprises one of the largest clinical academic campuses in Europe, five of MFT’s 10 hospitals, two of the country’s largest universities (The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University), plus more than 200 science and technology innovation companies located in Citylabs and Manchester Science Park.
A dedicated member of the MFT Innovation Team provides support to existing co-located companies, and potential future tenants.
The MFT Innovation District:
- forms part of the Oxford Road Enterprise Zone (EZ), spanning the Manchester Science Park and the MFT Oxford Road Campus
- comprises an innovation community, which is home to some of the region’s fastest growing and most positively impactful science and technology businesses
- has a sector focus on attracting and developing businesses within the life sciences, digital, energy, advanced materials and industry 4.0 – a new phase in the Industrial Revolution that focuses heavily on interconnectivity, automation, machine learning
- provides a strong platform for the continued growth of the innovation cluster within the region’s growing knowledge economy
- includes the Citylabs campus, a collaboration between MFT and Bruntwood Scitech, providing the unique opportunity for life science companies to co-locate with the UK’s largest NHS trust, with scope to collaborate on innovation projects which may benefit from direct access to MFT clinicians, resources and patients
- provides seamless access to MFT through joint clinical trials, sample access, diagnostic collaborations, MedTech adoption and research
- provides opportunities for MFT to improve healthcare and service delivery through active engagement with Innovation District occupiers.