Get involved in research
There are many ways you can get involved in clinical research.
Participate in research studies
- If you are under the care of a consultant or GP for a particular health condition, speak to them initially about clinical studies that may be suitable for you.
- Visit our dedicated hospital pages to find out more about research taking place at our hospitals.
- Email Research.GetInvolved@mft.nhs.uk if you would like more information about research at MFT.
- Visit the Be Part of Research website for information about what research is currently happening across the UK and what it might mean to take part.
Work with researchers to help plan and run studies
There are opportunities to join patient advisory groups for research studies, or to work with researchers as patient representatives. Your involvement will help the researchers consider patient’s perspective.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can get involved in helping improve healthcare and treatments for patients in Greater Manchester.
- Visit the National Institute for Health Research INVOLVE website for public involvement opportunities in NHS, public health and social care research across the UK.