CMFT staff shortlisted in Greater Manchester Clinical Research Awards
Congratulations go to individuals and teams across Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT), after the shortlist for the Greater Manchester Clinical Research Awards has been announced.
Now into their fourth year, the NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN): Greater Manchester accolades provide an opportunity for the local research community to benchmark their skills against their peers.
Our congratulations and best wishes for the awards ceremony next month go to CMFT nominated staff:
- Best Debut: Katie Ball, Clinical Research Nurse in the Manchester EMERGING team at Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Public Engagement : The NIHR Manchester Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit Public and Patient Involvement and Engagement Co-ordinating Group
- Outstanding Contribution: The NIHR Manchester Children’s Clinical Research Facility, based at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Clinical Studies/Research Practitioner of the Year: Gemma Donohoe, Clinical Trials Manager at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Investigator of the Year: Dr Gabriel Schembri, Consultant in Sexual Health and HIV medicine/Research Lead at The Hathersage Centre
- Lifetime Achievement: Christina Pritchard, Gynaecology Oncology Research Nurse at Saint Mary’s Hospital
- Research Team of the Year: Manchester Vision Regeneration Lab, based at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital and NIHR/Wellcome Trust Manchester Clinical Research Facility
Debbie Vinsun, Chief Operating Officer at the NIHR CRN: Greater Manchester, said:
The awards provide a way for us to recognise our region’s hard-working and high-achieving researchers, research teams, research and development departments and other research support functions.
“We received a great deal of nominations and the standard was really high, making the judges’ jobs very difficult. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to submit nominations and well done to everyone shortlisted. I very much look forward to the awards ceremony next month to commemorate the hard work of everyone nominated and our winners.”