Have you got an idea for a new service or technology that could benefit patients?Event details
Attend this free event to explore how a social enterprise could help you to achieve your goals.
At CMFT, we encourage all staff to be innovative in their work and practice to help to improve the way we deliver our services. One way to turn a great idea into an innovation that can improve quality of care for patients is through a social enterprise route to develop the service or idea.
What is a social enterprise?
Social enterprises reinvest the money they make back into their business or the local community. Social enterprises combine the need to make savings and efficiencies with genuine innovation, transformation and reform. They involve partnership working across different sectors, including service users and third sector organisations.
- Members of the public and patients may favour organisations, which they feel reflect community values or preferences
- Social enterprises can raise funds through donations and investments as well as having potential access to numerous grants and incentives
- Social Enterprises generally benefit from a higher rate of reinvestment due to surpluses not being distributed to shareholders
- Key partner organisations, such as local authorities, may be prepared to work more closely with a social enterprise rather than a for-profit organisation
Integrated Care 24 (IC24) places an emphasis on new product and service innovation for an improved patient experience and reduced demand on other services. mylittleone is a unique example of how they have utilised technology to meet patient needs; to promote bonding between mother and baby when a child is placed in neonatal care.
By attending this seminar you will gain an understanding of:
- Social enterprise, as a route to making change happen in a different way
- How to access support through CMFT to transform your innovation into a social enterprise
This seminar is delivered by Manchester Health Ventures Ltd, in conjunction with UMIP2 and leading social entrepreneurs in health and social care.
To find out more and register email email@example.com by 3rd June 2017.
5 Jun 2017
To find out more and register, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd June 2017.