Principal investigators recognised by Department of Health for success in commercial research
On the 4th February 10 Principal Investigators (PI) from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust attended a prestigious event organised by the Department of Health, which recognised the work of PIs.
Over 150 PIs were invited to the event and the 10 from CMFT were:
- Dr Rick Body – Consistently delivers to time and target
- Dr Simon Jones – Consistently delivers to time and target
- Dr Konstantinos Balaskas – First commercial study delivered successfully
- Dr Bronwyn Kerr – First Global/European patient
- Dr Catherine Breen – First Global/European patient
- Dr Niall Patton – First Global/European patient
- Dr Frank Bowling – First Global/European patient
The PI role is critical to the leadership of the study at an individual site and Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England, thanked each PI for their contribution to research and awarded them with a certificate for their achievements, encouraging this to continue. The event also included two external speakers; Jackie Dudley, Executive Director of Covance and Dimitrious Georgiopoulous, Medical Director, Novartis UK.