Human tissue authority
The aim of this information is to provide guidance on the use of human biological samples for research purposes.
1. Do I need a licence from the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) to store tissue for research purposes?
2. I have ethics approval for a current study. Can I keep any samples I collect for future studies?
3. Are blood samples 'relevant material'?
4. Does MFT have a licence?
5. Which buildings are covered by the licence?
6. If I store my samples on the MFT site, am I automatically covered by the Trust licence?
7. What is ItemTracker?
8. Is there any training available on these issues within the Trust?
9. Does the Trust have policy documents and SOPs on the use of tissues for research? What other guidance is available?
10. What is the Human Tissue Act 2004?
11. What is the Human Tissue Authority?
If you have any further questions please contact: