Laboratory and pharmacy
The laboratory offers -20C and -80C freezers, and centrifuge capability. Further analysis may be carried out at:
- The Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust laboratories
- The University of Manchester
- Other Trusts or research centres
The Laboratory Manager and Senior Biomedical Scientist can assist in:
- preparation and costing of analytical requirements for research bids
- design and maintenance of protocols
- liaising with Central Manchester Hospitals’ point of care coordinator where necessary to seek approval for such testing
- The laboratory adheres to codes of Good Laboratory Practice and has current Clinical Pathology Accreditation.
Pharmacy has a vital role in relation to clinical research, which is to safeguard participants, healthcare professionals and the Trust by ensuring Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs) are appropriate for use and are procured, handled, stored and used safely and correctly in compliance with current legislation.
We ensure that IMPs are procured, managed and dispensed in accordance to the study protocol and that clinical trial procedures comply with relevant guidelines and regulations.
The pharmacy clinical trial team consists of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and assistants who are solely designated to the day to day management of over 175 clinical trials.
It is vital that pharmacy is involved early in clinical trial set up, so that we can ensure the Trust is complying with regulatory requirements. We can assist with sourcing clinical trial medication and randomisation and blinding if required.
If you would like to arrange a visit to see the Facility and discuss what we could offer to your study, please contact our research studies team (+44 (0)161 906 7517).
Please contact the pharmacy directly (+44 (0)161 701 4353) to discuss your trial requirements.