Manchester Royal Infirmary (MRI) provides comprehensive renal care for approximately 1.4 million people living in North, South and Central Manchester, Tameside & Glossop, Stockport, South Trafford and South Cheshire.
Services provided at MRI includes outpatient, inpatient, pre-dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, haemodialysis, Lipid aphaeresis and ABO transplantation.
The department is actively involved in a variety of clinical and basic science research projects. The Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation (MINT) co-ordinate research.The renal research service provides research and clinical care for patients and research patient volunteers within the renal directorate.
We are currently running a number of studies and trials in the following areas:
- Treatments in kidney disease
- Diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Slowing down the progression of CKD
- Alleviation / prevention of complications of CKD
- Reducing pill burden
- Improving Quality of Life
- Improving Dialysis Adequacy
- Improving the Methods of Dialysis